GFED Series – Air Separation Plants
The GFED is a small air separation plant that produces liquid oxygen and liquid nitrogen by cryogenic distillation of cryogenic air. Capacities range from 4 to 7 metric tons per day. The GFED is designed to minimize shipping and allow for rapid installation by providing the plant in three distinct, pre-piped and prewired modules: the main air compressor, the warm end module and the cold box. All of the machinery is designed to be air-cooled so a source of low voltage power is the only required utility. The plant systems are self-contained and can be completely installed outdoors, requiring only a simple foundation. The entire plant ships in two 40-foot shipping containers.
The GFED plants are designed to meet the most severe operating conditions. Over 50 GFED plants are currently producing liquid oxygen and nitrogen for medical, industrial, oil field and military applications in some of the most remote regions of the world.
The GFED is designed to minimize shipping and allow for rapid installation cost by providing the plant in three distinct, pre-piped and prewired modules: the main air compressor, the warm end module and the cold box. The main air compressor provides feed air to the plant and includes an air filter, compressor, electric motor, lubrication system and air cooler. The warm end module includes the air clean-up equipment including a chiller, adsorber and afterfilter and also houses the turbo-expander.
Standard Equipment & Features:
- Cosmodyne PLC based control system provides efficient, user-friendly graphic interface for remote, local or unattended operation
- Automatic control of primary plant functions
- State-of-the-art analytical instrumentation package
- High performance, in-house turbo-expander with removable cartridge style rotation element
- Proven Molecular sieve type air clean-up system
- Efficient and reliable 2-stage oil-flooded screw compressor
- Ships as two standard ISO containers to minimize transportation expense
- Complete with all interconnecting piping and electrical systems, ready for installation
Options & Accessories
- Product storage tanks
- Cylinder charging systems
- Liquid transfer pump systems
- 50 or 60 Hertz electrical system
- Other customized features for site specific requirements
- On-site or in-factory operator training
- Installation and commissioning assistance
- Extended warranty package
- Service package
- Aftermarket spare parts support
- Aftermarket technical support
Cosmodyne is a world leader in the design and manufacture of air separation plants. Each Cosmodyne system is designed and built to rigorous standards of quality and workmanship from over forty years of experience. From proposal to installation, our sales, engineering, manufacturing and field-service personnel continually demonstrate our commitment to customer satisfaction. And this commitment doesn’t end with delivery — our field-service staff is ready to serve you 24 hours a day, wherever you are. When you buy a Cosmodyne plant you can be sure you will receive a quality built and reliable plant.
All plants, regardless of destination, are built to the following codes:
– Pressure vessels: Per ASME Section VII, Div. 1 and includes code stamp and name plate
– Piping systems: Per ASME B31.3
– Electricals: NEC, NEMA and UL standards
Additional code compliance available including: CE/PED, CRN/CSA, GOST, MIL-SPEC, API and various marine certifications.
Prior to shipping, each module is tested for pressure, strength, tightness, and control functionality.
GFED Series – Performance Specifications
|GFED 1||GFED 2||GFED 3|
|Liquid Oxygen||%O2 min||99.6||99.6||99.6|
|Liquid Nitrogen||%O2 max||0.5||0.5||0.5|