LINEX – Natural Gas Liquefiers
Simple. Reliable. Affordable.
Cosmodyne’s LINEX series of natural gas liquefiers liquefy a clean stream of natural gas. The plant utilizes a proven and environmentally friendly, closed-loop nitrogen expansion cycle as the refrigerant. The LINEX plants are ideally designed for the new high horsepower users LNG in the rail, marine, mining, trucking and oilfield markets. Traditional users such as utility peak shaving, power generation, virtual pipelines and commercial / industrial operations are also excellent fits for the LINEX technology. The LINEX series plants are modular and allow an operator to scale-up according to market demands by building up their capacity in a series of trains. The LINEX plant provides our clients with the lowest installed cost per gallon. Each plant is a modularized, skid-mounted system manufactured at Cosmodyne’s facilities for standard over-the-road shipping and easy installation.
LINEX Series – Natural Gas Liquefiers
The LINEX line of liquefiers incorporate Cosmodyne’s nearly 50 years of experience in cryogenic design. The liquefier is based on a closed-loop nitrogen expansion cycle and comes shipped in the following distinct, pre-piped, pre-wired modules:
– Nitrogen recycle compressor with intercoolers and motor
– Turbo-expander and booster skid with oil system and controls
– Aftercooler skid
– Cold box which houses all heat exchange and separation equipment, as necessary
Standard Equipment & Features
- CAPEX savings with lower cost non-hydrocarbon compressors and expanders
- OPEX savings from proportional turndown efficiency (up to 65% efficient turndown)
- Expandable for growing with the market
- Inherent safety with inert, nonpolluting, corrosion-free nitrogen refrigerant
- LNG temperature control eliminates boil-off gas generation
- No storing, mixing and managing of mixed hydrocarbons
- Simple and rapid return to service after shutdown
- Reduced operator training and education requirements
- Automatic efficiency boost when ambient temperatures fall
- Operation easily adapts to changing feed gas composition
Options & Accessories
- Cooling Systems (Evaporative, Closed-Loop or Gas-to-Air)
- Feed Gas Pretreatment (Water, Carbon Dioxide, Others)
- LNG Specification Matching
- Gas Stream Product Separation
- Trailer Loading Stations
- Gas Turbine or Engine Driver (in lieu fo electric motor)
- Power Generation
- Many More Tailored to Customer Requirements
- Open-loop liquefiers (sacrificial nitrogen) Linex-OL
- Boil-off gas recondensers
- On-site or in-factory operator training
- Installation and commissioning assistance
- Extended warranty package
- Service package
- Aftermarket spare parts support
- Aftermarket technical support
Cosmodyne is a world leader in the design and manufacture of cryogenic plants. Each Cosmodyne system is designed and built to rigorous standards of quality and workmanship from nearly a half-century of experience. From proposal to installation, our sales, engineering, manufacturing and field-service personnel continually demonstrate our commitment to customer satisfaction. And this commitment doesn’t end with delivery — our field-service staff is ready to serve you 24 hours a day, wherever you are. When you buy a Cosmodyne plant you can be sure you will receive a quality built and reliable plant.
All plants, regardless of destination, are built to the following minimum codes:
- General: NFPA (National Fire Protection Association) 59A, Production, Storage and Handling of LNG
- Applicable Pressure Vessels: ASME Pressure Vessel Code Section VIII, Division 1
- Weld and Welders qualified per ASME Section IX Welding and Brazing Qualifications
- Electrical systems: NFPA 70, NEC, and NEMA
- Process Piping: ASME B31.3
- Shell and Tube Process Gas Coolers: TEMA (Tubular Exchanger Manufacturers Association Standards), Class C
Additional code compliance available including: 49 CFR Part 193, Liquefied Natural Gas Facilities, CE/PED, CRN/CSA, GOST, MIL-SPEC, API and various marine certifications.
Prior to shipping, each module is tested for pressure, strength, tightness, and control functionality.
LINEX – Natural Gas Liquefiers
Cosmodyne offers a complete series of standard solutions sized for typical customer requirements and market situations. We can also economically tailor the systems to meet other capacity requirements in addition to standard sizes. The LINEX line uses an efficient closed-loop, dual expander nitrogen refrigeration cycle to liquefy the process gas.