ELM Series – Nitrogen & Oxygen Liquefiers
The ELM Series plants liquefy a stream of gaseous nitrogen and/or oxygen to produce liquid nitrogen and/or oxygen. Production ranges from 150 to 10,000 Nm³/hr.
The liquefier can take a gas stream from most any feed source including an air separation plant or a non-cryogenic gas generator, to produce the liquid products. The ELM plant is designed to minimize shipping and allow for rapid installation by providing the plant in distinct pre-piped, pre-wired modules. The plant system is self-contained and can be completely installed outdoors. The plants require a source of cooling water, power supply and a simple foundation.
The ELM Liquefier produces sub-cooled liquid nitrogen and/or oxygen from a feed gas supply. It utilizes a refrigeration cycle in which nitrogen is compressed above the critical pressure and then expanded through turboexpanders. The unit is equipped with single or dual turboexpanders (> 500 Nm³/hr) for more efficient production.
Standard Equipment & Features
- Cosmodyne PLC based control system provides efficient, user-friendly graphic interface for remote, local or unattended operation
- Automatic control of all primary plant functions
- State-of-the-art analytical instrumentation package
- High performance turboexpanders with removable cartridge style rotating elements
Options & Accessories
- Closed Loop Evaporative Cooling System
- 50 or 60 Hertz Electrical System
- Product Storage Tanks
- Cylinder Charging Systems
- Liquid Transfer Pump Systems
- Other customized features for site specific requirements
- On-site or in-factory operator training
- Installation and commissioning assistance
- Extended warranty package
- Service package
- Aftermarket spare parts support
- Aftermarket technical support
Cosmodyne is a world leader in the design and manufacture of air separation plants since 1958. Each Cosmodyne system is designed and built to rigorous standards of quality and workmanship from nearly a half-century of experience. From proposal to installation, our sales, engineering, manufacturing and field-service personnel continually demonstrate our commitment to customer satisfaction. And this commitment doesn’t end with delivery — our field-service staff is ready to serve you 24 hours a day, wherever you are. When you buy a Cosmodyne plant you can be sure you will receive a quality built and reliable plant.
All plants, regardless of destination, are built to the following codes:
– Pressure vessels: Per ASME Section VII, Div. 1 and includes code stamp and name plate
– Piping systems: Per ASME B31.3
– Electricals: NEC, NEMA and UL standards
Additional code compliance available including: CE/PED, CRN/CSA, GOST, MIL-SPEC, API and various marine certifications.
Prior to shipping, each module is tested for pressure, strength, tightness, and control functionality.
ELM Nitrogen Liquefiers (30 to 300 mTPD)
|Performance||ELM 1000||ELM 3000||ELM 5000||ELM 9000|
|Production (LIN)||Nm³/hr (mTPD)||1000 (30)||3000 (90)||5000 (150)||9300 (279)|
|Feed Pressure (min.)||bara||1.03||1.03||1.03||1.03|
|Specific Power||kWh/ Nm³||0.84||0.64||0.62||0.58|
Plant performance is based on standard atmospheric conditions (ambient temperature 20°C, relative humidity 50%, cooling water temperature 19°C, 1.0 atm barometric pressure). Specific power excludes cooling water power.